Start your Career today with Tridon
Fiber and Structured Cabling Technicians – Kitimat B.C. Fly-in/Fly-out
Tridon Communications is currently seeking Experienced Fiber and Structured Cabling Technicians for work in beautiful Kitimat B.C for 21/7 Rotational work. FIFO available from Edmonton, Vancouver, Kelowna, and Calgary.
Jetting and cable blowing experience an asset!
Must be able to pass a D&A test for access to site as well as undergo a Criminal Record Background Check and possess a Class 5 Non GDL license with a clean drivers abstract.
The ideal person will have a Technical Diploma or equivalent experience in related field. 3- 5 years experience as a Fiber and Structured Cabling Tech. You must have strong analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills with great attention to detail. You will be responsible for splicing new lines into the existing network grid, installing them above ground, on poles or underground. You will need experience working on the main lines of networks splicing, testing, and troubleshooting of infrastructure, outside plant splicing and customer builds.
About the job:
The Senior Fiber and Structured Cabling Technician is responsible for the assembly, install, repair, and maintenance of telecommunications systems, fiber optic backbone, campus cabling and cabling for wireless access points. Fiber optic work will include installation of cable inside/outside buildings and involves installing field connectors, splicing cables using a fusion splicer, testing utilizing OTDR and Power Meters. You will also be committed to safety and working in a safe work environment by demonstrating safe work practices.
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service, Data, and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their communication needs. We have been supplying communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate 7 full-service shops in Athabasca, Calgary, Edmonton, Edson, Fort McMurray, Hinton, and Saskatoon.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Installation, testing, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of structured cable components. (Cat 5E, Cat 6, Cat 6A, Fiber Optic)
- Installation and testing of communication circuits via available communications cabling network
- Read and interpret telecommunication drawings and specifications
- Safety First Mindset
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License or equivalent (recent Driver’s Abstract will be required upon condition of employment)
- Ability to pass a pre access drug and alcohol test and maintain the ability to pass subsequent pre access testing
- College Technical Diploma or equivalent in a related field preferred.
- Customer service focus with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent understanding of networking requirements and wiring standards applicable to the telecommunications industry
- Ability to grasp new techniques, and deal with rapidly changing events
- Ability to work safely in hazardous environments
- Knowledge and skill of tools, equipment, and materials and practices of the trade
- Knowledge of applicable telecommunication codes, standards, and regulations
- Fluent in English written and verbal communications
- Team Player
- TE Connectivity certification training
- Commscope Systimax certification training
- Belden certification training
- Corning certification training
- Competitive Wages
- Company paid benefits
- Up to 10 additional paid days off for Years of Service
- On the job training
- Manufacturer provided training
- Opportunity to join an experienced crew of technicians
- Opportunity to advance and grow within a rapidly growing Company
We Are A:
- MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre
- KENWOOD Authorized Dealer
- TELUS Customer Care Centre
- State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner)