Tridon Communications is currently seeking a Document Controller with experience in the Telecommunications, Electronics and or Oil and Gas industries for an immediate full time opening. This role is based out of Edmonton, Alberta.
- The primary accountability will be to provide document control and drafting support to the Engineering and Project Management Teams by preparing and controlling project documentation such as drawings, work packages, specifications, and project information.
- The incumbent will also prepare, modify, or otherwise edit existing drawings, as well as preparing them for final presentation to customers.
- Document Control responsibilities include the collection, classification, retrieval and retention of records, images, documents, and information for various projects.
- This will include checking documents, scanning, photocopying files, and making sure that organizational documentation is stored safely and securely.
- Drafting responsibilities include: Prepare engineering designs and drawings using CAD, CAD LT, and MS Visio from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, and other industry data.
Required Work Experience:
- 5 years of experience in using AutoCAD for Design and Drafting including standardized drafting practices
- 5 years of experience with document control, records management, or archive management
- 1 – 2 years of experience or training in the communications field is preferred
- 2 year Diploma in Design and Drafting or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Understanding of Telecommunications systems in general
- Excellent computer drafting and drawing
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft products: PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and similar
- Proven skill for creating and implementing controlled document processes Work well under pressure and can manage deadlines
- Inclination for catching errors and enacting appropriate changes
- Outstanding time-management
- Proven ability to collaborate and work across multi functions / teams ensuring successful project deliveries
- Read and understand complex standards and process documents
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Effective listening and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and confidentiality
- Prioritization and organizational skills
- Team Player
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service, Tower and Data Communications divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their communication needs. We have been supplying communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate three full-service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton, Calgary and Athabasca.
We Are A:
- MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre
- KENWOOD Authorized Dealer
- TELUS Customer Care Centre
- State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner)