Senior Structured Cabling and Fiber Optic Technician- Saskatoon
Tridon Communications – Saskatoon, SK
Tridon Communications is currently seeking an Experienced Fiber and Structured Cabling Technician for work Local to Saskatoon.
- As the senior technician you will be responsible to execute work at a high level, with efficiency, and set the example for your juniors.
- You will further be responsible for hands on coaching and mentoring of junior technicians in the field.
- The structured cabling technician will further be responsible for the assembly, install, repair, and maintenance of telecommunications structured cabling systems, fiber optic backbone, campus cabling and cabling for wireless access points.
- Structured cabling will include cabling for commercial buildings, industrial applications, and temporary facilities.
- Fiber optic work will include installation of cable inside/outside buildings and involves installing field connectors, splicing cables using a fusion splicer, and testing utilizing OTDR and Power Meters.
Required Work Experience:
- 8+ years of fiber and or structured cabling experience
- Installation of structured cable components. (Cat 5E, Cat 6, Cat 6A, Fiber Optic)
- Installation and testing of communication circuits via available communications cabling network
- Service, maintenance, and trouble shooting of commercial and/or industrial communication circuits and/or cabling networks
- Trouble shoot, repair, replace components when required
- Repair and adjust connections, fittings, and couplings
- Read and interpret telecommunication drawings and specifications
- College Technical Diploma or equivalent in a related field preferred
- Safety First Mindset
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Operator’s License or equivalent (recent 5 year Driver’s Abstract will be required upon hire as a condition of employment)
- If required, the ability to pass a pre access drug and alcohol test and maintain the ability to pass subsequent pre access testing for site access.
- TE Connectivity certification training is an asset.
- CommScope SYSTIMAX certification training is an asset.
- Belden certification training is an asset.
- Corning certification training is an asset.
- Customer service with a client focus possessing excellent communications skills
- Excellent understanding of networking requirements and wiring standards applicable to the telecommunications industry
- Ability to grasp new techniques, and deal with rapidly changing events
- Ability to work safely in hazardous environments
- Knowledge and skill of tools, equipment, and materials and practices of the trade
- Fluent in English written and verbal communications
- Team Player
- Will be required to stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time
- Will be required to work at heights including ladders, and man lifts
- May be required to carry equipment weighing up to 50lbs for short distances.
- Competitive Wages
- Company paid benefits
- Company RRSP Matching up to 2%
- Up to 5 additional paid days off for Years of Service
- On the job training
- Manufacturer provided training
- Opportunity to advance and grow within a rapidly growing Company
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service, Data Communications, Security and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for all of their wireless communication needs. We have been supplying communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate ten service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton, Edson, Hinton, Calgary, Athabasca, Saskatoon & Terrace British Columbia.
We Are A:
- MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre
- KENWOOD Authorized Dealer
- TELUS Customer Care Centre
- State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
- COR Certified Employer