Structured Cabling, Supervisor – Multiple Openings – Calgary
Tridon Communications is expanding our operations! We are seeking Experienced Fiber and Structured Cabling Supervisors to lead multiple teams in the Calgary area.
As a supervisor you will be responsible to oversee and supervise the fiber and structured cabling technicians in their assigned crews and on site. You will be the main point of contact for the customer, resolving any concerns and building strong customer relationships. You will ensure that all work is completed to the highest standards and that the customers needs are met. As the Supervisor you will be responsible to train, coach, and mentor the technicians on proper work practices, proper techniques and ensure that safe work practices are followed all times.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of five years of previous experience in a Lead/Supervisor role
- Installation, testing, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of structured cable components. (Cat 5E, Cat 6, Cat 6A, Fiber Optic)
- Installation and testing of communication circuits via available communications cabling network
- Read and interpret telecommunication drawings and specifications
- A high level of industry knowledge and experience is required.
Education and Training
- College Technical Diploma or equivalent in a related field preferred
- Commscope Systimax certification training is an asset
- Belden certification training is an asset
- Corning certification training is an asset
- Panduit Certification is an asset
- Security, Distributed Antenna System (DAS) and Access Control experience is an asset
- Safety First Mindset
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License or equivalent (recent 5-year Driver’s Abstract will be required upon hire as a condition of employment)
- If required, the ability to pass a pre access drug and alcohol test and maintain the ability to pass subsequent pre access testing for site access.
- Excellent understanding of networking requirements and wiring standards applicable to the telecommunications industry that include codes, standards, and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with clients and team members
- Customer service focus with excellent customer service skills
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service, Data and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their communication needs. We have been supplying communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate 10 locations in Athabasca, Calgary, Edmonton, Edson, Fort McMurray, Hinton, Terrace, and Saskatoon.
- Competitive Wages
- Company paid benefits
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Up to 5 additional paid days off for Years of Service
- On the job training
- Manufacturer provided training
- Opportunity to join an experienced crew of technicians
- Opportunity to advance and grow within a rapidly growing Company
We Are A:
- MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre
- KENWOOD Authorized Dealer
- TELUS Customer Care Centre
- State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
- CORE Certified Employer