Start your Career today with Tridon
OSP Infrastructure Superintendent
Organization – Tridon Communications
Division – Civil Infrastructure
Position Title – Outside Plant Infrastructure Superintendent
Immediate Supervisor – General Manager of Civil Infrastructure
The Outside Plant Infrastructure Supervisor is responsible for the quality assurance, install, repair, and maintenance of ongoing job sites/projects, aligning crews for work in progress, permitting, first calls and organizing/prepping crews. Outside plant, building D-mark, customer pre-calls. Fiber optic/copper installation and maintenance includes but is not limited to installation of cable inside buildings and in an outside plant environment. (buried, underground & Arial installations)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Read, interpret, and maintain drawings and specifications
- Service, maintenance, and troubleshooting on commercial and/or industrial communication circuits and/or cabling networks
- Good understanding of T.O.P.P.S.
- Good understanding of equipment in all aspects of outside placing & construction
- Able to read and interpret telecommunication drawings and specifications
- Repair, replace faulty components if necessary
- Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned apprentices and new workers
- Represent the company face to face with the customer directly requesting the work when needed
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
The Service Supervisor reports directly to the General Manager. The incumbent also works directly with:
- Co-Workers and Team Leads
- Service Administrators
- Inventory & Rentals Departments
The Superintendent holds the authority to do the following:
- Make routine decisions pertaining to the installation and repair of structured Outside Plant components.
- High School degree, diploma, or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- Postsecondary education is an asset. Diploma in a related field preferred.
- A current Alberta driver’s license with good driving record.
- Min. 10 years’ experience
Experience and Training
- Excellent understanding of networking requirements, telecommunication codes, wiring standards, and regulations applicable to the telecommunications industry
- Ability to grasp new techniques, and deal with rapidly changing events
- Ability to work safely in hazardous environments with knowledge and understanding of occupational hazards and safe work requirements (OH&S)
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, driven to build and grow your own customer base through excellent quality of work
- Good customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time while driving to site
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time while working on site
- Working extended hours
- Working outside (winter & summer) year round
- Willing to work out of town and away from home from time to time
- Must be able to carry loads of up to 50LBS for short periods of time