Start your Career today with Tridon
Senior Tower Foreman
Senior Tower Foreman
V Telecom Inc. (A Tridon Technologies Company) – Edmonton
V Telecom is an Edmonton-based communication tower design and construction company, established in 2010. We provide end-to-end tower solutions, from engineering, design, and fabrication to construction, rigging, and ongoing maintenance. V Telecom is a member of Tridon Technologies group of companies. We take pride in doing our job from start to finish and are known for our safety, consistency, and reliability in our tower construction. V-Telecom is growing and as a result we are looking for Tower Foremen and Lead Hands. We have extensive and long term employment opportunities!
You have previous experience as a Tower Foreman and can demonstrate your background in managing tower construction crews including providing the necessary knowledge and expertise to safely execute all methods for the construction and turnover of wireless telecommunication tower sites and infrastructures. Your communication skills will include building and maintaining strong customer relationships and managing your crews and subcontractors.
JOB DUTIES will include
- The organization of tower construction equipment that will include assisting with all aspects of job site planning, execution and closeout activities.
- Must be able to interpret and assess tower construction civil design drawings and tower base installation methods and procedures, as well as, tower site compound designs
- Must understand and be able to execute methods of a procedure associated with the installation of cellular and microwave radio antennas and cables, antenna mounts, tower lighting, tower grounding, fall protection systems, and lightning protection systems
- Ability to Manage 1 to 2 crews on multiple projects
- Communicate effectively with construction crews, project managers, and customer representatives in a professional manner
- Adhere to and enforce the Corporate Health & Safety program and ensure all Technical Services Staff adhere to its rules, policies, processes, practices, and procedures
- Facilitate weekly toolbox talks, regular team meetings, and pre/post job scrubs
- Ensure equipment inspections, maintenance, and service is completed (Fleet Vehicles and Company Tools) including maintaining cleanliness and organization of service vehicles and shop areas
- 10 + years of experience in the construction of telecommunications tower infrastructure
- Training certifications in the use of cranes, man-lifts, gin-pole, and double drum winches
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a Lead Foreman and/or proven leader of tower or rope access crews
- Valid Class 5 Operator’s License or equivalent
- Clean 5 year Driver’s Abstract will be required as a condition of employment
- Pre-Access Drug and Alcohol testing will be required for pre-access to client sites and is required as a pre-requisite condition of employment.
- Must be fit and be able to climb tower infrastructure and be trained in Fall Protection and Tower Rescue
V Telecom Offers:
- On the job training
- Competitive Wages
- Company-paid benefits
- Company provided PPE
- Job Stability and Security
- Opportunity to advance and grow with a rapidly expanding business