Start your Career today with Tridon
Working at Heights Technician
Working at Heights Technician
Tridon Communications – Fort McMurray is looking for junior and experienced tower climbers and working at heights technicians to join our permanent team in Fort McMurray Alberta.
The working at heights technicians is responsible for building and maintaining communication towers, the safe installation of steel structures and wireless communication components, performing general ground procedures associated with installation, concrete foundations, plum & tension, crane direction, working with various antenna and transmission lines, identifying and selecting appropriate equipment for specific installations, and climbing and working on poles, towers, and ladders or other support structures up to 500 feet.
- On the job training
- 8 Weeks of paid internship and training for new climbers
- Competitive wages
- Company paid benefits
- Company provided safety equipment
- Additional paid days off for years of service
- Employee profit sharing bonus
- Job stability and security
- Opportunity to advance and develop within a rapidly growing organization
The Ideal Candidate for Working at Heights Technician:
- Someone who is mechanically or electronically inclined.
- Experience working with hand and power tools and various electronic test equipment.
- Someone who has experience in a skilled or semi skilled trade.
- Someone who has a proven track record of working safely at heights.
- Someone who has experience working in a highly safety sensitive environment.
- Someone who is physically fit and can lift upwards of 50 pounds on a regular and consists basis.
- Willingness and ability to travel across Alberta and across Canada.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License with a clean driving record within the last 5 years
- Ability to pass pre-access drug and alcohol testing on a regular and frequent basis for access to site
- Ability to pass a basic criminal background check
- Valid First Aid Certificate
Nice to Haves:
- Aerial Work Platform (OSSA accredited)
- Tower Climbing and Rescue certificate
- Confined Space Entry Training certificate (OSSA accredited)
- Fall Protection (OSSA accredited)
The Working at Heights Technician must be able to spend the majority of the day walking, standing, and/or climbing. They will be required to carry equipment weighing up to 50lbs while climbing. Employee must also be able to carry himself, harness, tools, and primary rigging/anchor rigging up a telecommunications tower ranging from 100 to 400 Feet.
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service, Data Cabling, and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their communication needs. We have been supplying communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate 7 full-service shops in Athabasca, Calgary, Edmonton, Edson, Fort McMurray, Hinton, and Saskatoon.
We are a:
- MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre
- KENWOOD Authorized Dealer
- TELUS Customer Care Centre
- State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner)