Start your Career today with Tridon
Structured Cabling Technician
Tridon Communications – Fort McMurray
· Competitive Wages
· Company paid benefits
· Up to 10 additional paid days off for Years of Service
· On the job training
· Manufacturer provided training
· Opportunity to join an experienced crew of technicians
· Opportunity to advance and grow within a rapidly growing Company
The Communication Technician is responsible for the assembly, install, repair, and maintenance of telecommunications structured cabling systems, fiber optic backbone, campus cabling and cabling for wireless access points. Structured cabling will include cabling for commercial buildings, industrial applications, and temporary facilities. Fiber optic work will include installation of cable inside/outside buildings and involves installing field connectors, splicing cables using a fusion splicer, and testing utilizing OTDR and Power Meters.
Required Work Experience:
- Installation of structured cable components. (Cat 5E, Cat 6, Cat 6A, Fiber Optic)
- Installation and testing of communication circuits via available communications cabling network
- Service, maintenance and trouble shooting on commercial and/or industrial communication circuits and/or cabling networks
- Trouble shoot, repair, replace components when required
- Repair and adjust valves, piping connections, fittings, and couplings
- Read and interpret telecommunication drawings and specifications
- Safety First Mindset
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License or equivalent (recent Driver’s Abstract will be required upon condition of employment)
- Ability to pass a pre access drug and alcohol test and maintain the ability to pass subsequent pre access testing
- College Technical Diploma or equivalent in a related field. Communications or Electrician apprentice program is preferred.
- TE Connectivity certification training is an asset.
- Commscope Systimax certification training is an asset.
- Belden certification training is an asset.
- Corning certification training is an asset.
- Customer service focus with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent understanding of networking requirements and wiring standards applicable to the telecommunications industry
- Ability to grasp new techniques, and deal with rapidly changing events
- Ability to work safely in hazardous environments
- Knowledge and skill of tools, equipment, and materials and practices of the trade
- Knowledge of applicable telecommunication codes, standards, and regulations
- Fluent in English written and verbal communications
- Team Player
· Must be able to spend the majority of the day sitting, walking, and/or standing.
· May be required to stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time
· May be required to carry equipment weighing up to 50lbs for short distances.
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their communication needs. We have been supplying communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate three full-service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton and Athabasca.
We Are A:
· MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre
· KENWOOD Authorized Dealer
· TELUS Customer Care Centre
· State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
· Recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner)