Electronics Repair Technician
Tridon Communications – Edmonton
JOB SUMMARY – Electronics Repair Technician
· The Electronics Repair Technician is responsible to program, test, troubleshoot, and repair radio frequency communications equipment at our new and state of the art repair center. We are looking to find an Electronics Repair Technician that wants to grow with us through in house, on the job, and manufacturer provided training.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following experience
· Troubleshoot electronic equipment to the component level.
· Repair electronic equipment at the board level using soldering equipment and tools.
· Experience in understanding and interpreting electronic design schematics.
· Experience with a high degree of soldering accuracy.
· Experience with programing conventional mobile and portable radio equipment is preferred.
· Experience working with handheld radios and radio equipment is preferred.
The ideal Candidate will have the following necessary skills
- Fault Finding Mastery
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong understanding of electronic components and systems
- Ability to grasp new techniques, and follow detailed repair processes and schematics
- Strong problem solving ability
- High attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Strong interpersonal skills as you will be working as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication
- 5+ years’ experience as an electronics repair technician
- Experience in the RF Service industry strongly preferred
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology or Wireless Systems Engineering Technology or a 4 years bachelors degree in an electronics related field along with relevant work experience is required.
The Electronics Repair Technician must be able to spend the majority of the day sitting. They may be required to stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time. They also may be required to carry equipment weighing up to 30 lbs for short distances.
Who We Are
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their communication needs. We have been supplying wireless communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate three full-service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton and Athabasca.
We are a:
· MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre,
· KENWOOD Authorized Dealer,
· TELUS Customer Care Centre
· State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
· Recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner).
· On the job training
· Competitive Wages
· Company paid benefits
· Additional paid days off for Years of Service
· Manufacturer provided training
· Opportunity to advance and grow