Electronics Repair Technician
Tridon Communications – Edmonton
· The Electronics Repair Technician is responsible to test, troubleshoot, repair, and program radio frequency communications equipment at our new repair center.
· Competitive wages
· Company paid benefits
· Up to 10 additional paid days off for Years of Service
· On the job training
· Manufacturer provided training
· Opportunity to advance and grow within a rapidly growing company
Required Work Experience:
· Troubleshoot electronic equipment to the component level.
· Repair electronic equipment at the board level using soldering equipment and tools.
· Experience in understanding and interpreting electronic design schematics.
· Experience with a high degree of soldering accuracy with high attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Fault Finding Mastery with a strong understanding of electronic components and systems
- Ability to grasp new techniques, and follow detailed repair processes and schematics
· Experience with programing conventional mobile and portable radio equipment (preferred)
· Experience working with handheld radios and radio equipment (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
· 5+ years’ experience as an electronics repair technician
· Experience in the RF service industry is preferred
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology or Wireless Systems Engineering Technology or a 4 years bachelors degree in an electronics related field along with relevant work experience is required.
· Majority of the day, standing, and sitting at a repair bench.
· May be required to carry equipment weighing up to 30 lbs for short distances.
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their communication needs. We have been supplying wireless communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate three full-service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton and Athabasca.
We are a:
· MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre
· KENWOOD Authorized Dealer
· TELUS Customer Care Centre
· State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
· Recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner)