Start your Career today with Tridon
Senior Electronics Repair Technician – Edmonton
Tridon Communications – Edmonton
Tridon Communications has been supplying wireless communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate three full-service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton and Athabasca.
Tridon will, through safety, integrity, and with excellence, lead our markets with innovative and effective communications technologies, relentless in our passion for absolute customer satisfaction.
We are a:
· MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre,
· KENWOOD Authorized Dealer,
· TELUS Customer Care Centre
· APEGA (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta) certified engineering and design facility,
· State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
· Recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner).
· On the job training
· Competitive Wages
· Company paid benefits
· Additional paid days off for Years of Service
· Manufacturer provided training
· Opportunity to advance and grow
JOB SUMMARY – Senior Electronics Repair Technician
The Senior Electronics Repair Technician is responsible to program, install, test, troubleshoot, and repair radio frequency communications equipment at the Repair Centre & our Client’s job sites. We are looking to find a Senior Electronics Repair Technician that wants to grow with us through in house, on the job, and manufacturer provided training.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Troubleshoot and repair all kinds of handheld Motorola and Kenwood radios and radio related equipment.
· Program Conventional/MotoTRBO/Trunking mobile and portable radio equipment
· Install, maintain, and tune antenna multi-coupler systems, duplexers and transmit combiners
· Some travel, overtime, and on-call duties may be required
· Support the Corporate Health & Safety program, while adhering to its rules, policies, processes, practices and procedures
The Senior Electronics Repair Technician reports directly to the Service Manager. The incumbent also works directly with:
· Co-Workers, Service Administrators, and Management
· Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology, Wireless System Engineering Technology or Communication Technician Certificate preferred. A combination of relevant education and experience will also be considered
Experience and Training
· 5+ years of direct hands on electronics, radio or telecommunications experience
· Knowledge of hand and power tools, test equipment and design/fabrication techniques
· Knowledge of occupational hazards and safe work requirements (OH&S)
· Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License or equivalent
· Recent Driver’s Abstract will be required upon condition of employment
· Strong technical aptitude
· Strong understanding of electronic components and systems
· Ability to grasp new techniques, and follow detailed repair processes and schematics
· Strong problem solving ability
· High attention to detail and accuracy in work
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Excellent understanding of networking requirements and wiring standards applicable to the telecommunications industry
The Senior Electronics Repair Technician must be able to spend the majority of the day sitting, walking, and/or standing. They may be required to stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time. They also may be required to carry equipment weighing up to 30lbs for short distances.