Start your Career today with Tridon
Security System Technician – Edmonton, Fort McMurray
Senior Security System Technician
Tridon Communications – Edmonton and Fort McMurray
· The Security Systems Technician is responsible to install, program, test, troubleshoot, and repair security system equipment in medium and large scale commercial and industrial settings working on access control, CCTV, and Network Video Recorders.
· Will be responsible for system start up/check out, certifications and customer related training.
· Will be responsible for technical assistance, systems checks, troubleshooting and maintenance of existing systems.
· The individual filling this role must be comfortable with travelling within the greater Edmonton area as well as regular commuting to Fort McMurray, Alberta based on project demands.
· The individual filling this role must be comfortable working in a safety sensitive environment and have a safety first mindset.
· Competitive wages
· Company paid benefits
· Up to 10 additional paid days off for Years of Service
· On the job training
· Manufacturer provided training
· Opportunity to advance and grow with a rapidly growing company
Required Work Experience:
· Installation, programing, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing of security system equipment and software in medium and large scale commercial and industrial settings.
· Read and interpret complex blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation requirements;
· Repair equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics, test instruments, and hand tools.
· Diagnose, troubleshoot, and debug a substantial variety of systems for complex problems in hardware and software.
· Experience in commissioning new systems, analyzing performance and identifying malfunctions.
· Experience with customer training and demonstrations.
· Experience with writing non-routine programs of substantial variety and complexity for new and old systems.
· May provide custom systems integrations, detailed systems upgrade planning and execution as well as systems audits and consultation.
· May install, configure, and support a variety of network systems and equipment for assigned projects.
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Electronics, Communications; Significant industry work experience will be considered
- Minimum of five years of previous Security Systems field service experience required
- Advanced technical skills with solid mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Must have one or more certifications from Lenel, Milestone Systems, or Avigilon
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure
- Must be a self-starter and work well with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly proficient computer skills including familiarity with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Advanced organizational and project planning skills
- Valid driver’s license required with a clean drivers abstract for the past 5 years
- Must be able to pass a Pre Access Drug and Alcohol test for access to site, must be able to maintain the ability to pass Pre Access testing for access to multiple sites
- This position will be based in Edmonton with frequent travel to Fort McMurray based on project demands.
· Majority of the day walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
· Required to carry equipment weighing from 25 to 50lbs for short distances.
Tridon Communications, is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their communication needs. We have been supplying wireless communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate three full-service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton and Athabasca.
We are a:
· MOTOROLA Solutions Partner
· MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre
· KENWOOD Authorized Dealer
· TELUS Customer Care Centre
· State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
· Recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner)