Start your Career today with Tridon
Radio Service Technician – Edmonton – Fly-In, Fly-Out (7/7)
Tridon Communications – Edmonton
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their communication needs. We have been supplying wireless communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate three full-service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton and Athabasca.
Tridon will, through safety, integrity, and with excellence, lead our markets with innovative and effective communications technologies, relentless in our passion for absolute customer satisfaction.
We are a:
· MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre,
· KENWOOD Authorized Dealer,
· TELUS Customer Care Centre
· State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
· Recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner).
· On the job training
· Competitive Wages
· Company paid benefits
· 5 paid personal days per year
· Additional paid days off for Years of Service
· Manufacturer provided training
· Opportunity to advance and grow
JOB SUMMARY – Radio Service Technician
The Radio Service Technician is responsible to program, install, test, troubleshoot, and repair radio frequency communications equipment at the Repair Centre & our Client’s job sites. The individual filling this role must be comfortable working in a team environment
This opportunity is classified as full-time regular and is located at CNRL in Fort McMurray, AB through a fly in fly out customer sponsored program from either Edmonton or Calgary. This position is a 7 day in, 7 day out, 12 hours per shift rotational schedule.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Testing by means of watt meter, multimeter, antenna diagnostics, DTF, basic service monitor use, modulation, channel bandwidths and signal levels
· Install wireless communications equipment in stationary and mobile applications including light, medium & heavy-duty vehicles and equipment
· Basic diagnostics
· Radio programming
· Reading and understanding of engineering drawings/documents
· Adherence to all safety policies and procedures
· Demonstrate professionalism & acts as ambassador of our client
· Install, maintain, and repair SmartNet/SmartZone trunked radio systems, Conventional radio systems, MotoTRBO radio systems, TDM multiplexing equipment including T1 applications and wired/wireless LAN and WAN data networks. This location utilizes a P25 trucking system so training will be required and provided.
· Program Conventional/MotoTRBO/Trunking mobile and portable radio equipment
· Install, maintain, and repair of broadband satellite systems
· Install, maintain, and tune antenna multi-coupler systems, duplexers and transmit combiners
· Accurately record time and materials on service orders for all assigned work using NetSuite operations and procedures pertaining to the Technical Services Department
· Complete accurate Labour, Equipment and Material forms (LEM’s) and Job Hazard Assessments (JHA’s)
· Complete required inspection sheets (Vehicle)
· Assist, guide, and mentor employees and/or trainees
· Participate in travel, overtime, and on-call duties as required
The Radio Service Technician reports directly to the Service Manager. The incumbent also works directly with:
· Co-Workers, Service Administrators, and Management
· Diploma or Certificate in Electronics Engineering Technology/Technician or suitable combination of education and experience. A combination of relevant education and experience will also be considered
Experience and Training
· 3 to 5 years of direct experience in Radio and electronic component installation into vehicles, both light duty and heavy duty
· Radio and electronic component trouble shooting
· Electronics installation
· Electronic trouble shooting
· Electrical Wiring codes and best practices
· Knowledge of hand and power tools, test equipment and design/fabrication techniques
· Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License (or equivalent (recent Driver’s Abstract will be required upon condition of employment)
· Strong time management skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong verbal and written communication
· Excellent understanding of networking requirements and wiring standards applicable to the telecommunications industry
· Ability to grasp new techniques, and deal with rapidly changing events
· Ability to work safely in hazardous environments
The Radio Service Technician must be able to spend the majority of the day sitting, walking, and/or standing. They may be required to stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time. They also may be required to carry equipment weighing up to 50lbs for short distances.
Successful candidates must be able to pass and maintain the ability to pass a pre-access and subsequent Drug and Alcohol testing.