Radio Service Technician – (Fly in Fly Out)
Tridon Communications – Fort McMurry
· The Radio Service Technician is responsible to program, install, test, troubleshoot, and repair radio frequency communications equipment in both mobile and stationary applications at the Client’s job site.
· The individual filling this role must be comfortable working in a team environment.
· The individual filling this role must be comfortable working in a safety sensitive environment and have a safety first mindset.
· Fly in fly out customer sponsored program with flights based out of Edmonton or Calgary.
· Full-time permanent position located at CNRL Horizon or at Suncor Fort Hills in Fort McMurray, AB.
· This position works a 7 days on, 7 days off, 12 hours per shift rotational schedule. Night shift rotation will be required on some sites.
· Competitive Wages
· Company paid benefits
· Up to 10 additional paid days off for Years of Service
· On the job training
· Manufacturer provided training
· Opportunity to advance and grow with a rapidly growing company
Required Work Experience:
· Testing and installing wireless communications equipment in stationary and mobile applications
· Install, maintain, program, and repair of electronic communication systems
· Radio and electronic component trouble shooting
· Basic diagnostics and Radio programming
· Experience working with conventional/MotoTRBO/Trunking/Motorola P25 mobile and portable radio equipment
· Electrical Wiring codes and best practices
· Knowledge of hand and power tools, test equipment and design/fabrication techniques
· Mine driving and trailer towing experience
· 2 year diploma in electronics engineering technology or related field/ 4 year bachelors degree in electronics combined with related work experience
· Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License with a clean driving record within the last 5 years
· Ability to pass pre-access drug and alcohol testing on a regular and frequent basis for access to site
· Safety First Mindset
· Majority of the day walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
· Required to carry equipment weighing from 25 to 50lbs for short distances.
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their communication needs. We have been supplying wireless communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate three full-service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton and Athabasca.
We are a:
· MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre
· KENWOOD Authorized Dealer
· TELUS Customer Care Centre
· State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
· Recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner)