Start your Career today with Tridon
Mobile Radio Technician/Installer – Greater Vancouver Area
Mobile Radio Technician/Installer
Tridon Communications – Greater Vancouver Area
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Service and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their communication needs. We have been supplying wireless communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate three full-service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton and Athabasca.
We are a:
· MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre,
· KENWOOD Authorized Dealer,
· TELUS Customer Care Centre
· State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
· Recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner).
· On the job training
· Competitive Wages
· Company paid benefits
· Additional paid days off for Years of Service
· Manufacturer provided training
· Opportunity to advance and grow
JOB SUMMARY – Mobile Radio Technician/Installer (Initial 12 Month Contract)
- The Mobile Radio Technician/Installer is responsible to program, install, test, troubleshoot, and repair radio frequency communications equipment at our Client’s job sites.
- We are looking to find RF technicians that want to grow with us through in house, on the job and manufacturer directed training.
- RF Testing of transceivers by means of watt meter, multimeter, antenna diagnostics, DTF, basic service monitor use, modulation, channel bandwidths and signal levels
- Reading and understanding of engineering drawings/documents
- Program MOTOROLA MotoTRBO AND KENWOOD Nexedge / Conventional & Trunking mobile and portable radio systems and equipment
- Install, maintain, and repair MOTOROLA & KENWOOD mobile systems in light and heavy-duty vehicles
- Install, maintain, and tune antenna multi-coupler systems, duplexers and transmit combiners
- Antenna diagnostics
- Network cable testing, duplex operation, spectrum analysis, use of return loss bridge
- Cable management
- Advanced diagnostics
- Dispatch Consoles (Wired and IP)
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology or Wireless Systems Engineering Technology or a Certificate as a Communication Technician is required.
- A combination of related education and work experience will be considered
- Valid Class 5 Operator’s License or equivalent
- Recent Driver’s Abstract will be required upon condition of employment
- Pre-Access testing will be required for access to client sites
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of networking requirements and wiring standards applicable to the telecommunications industry
- Ability to grasp new techniques, and deal with rapidly changing events
- Ability to work safely in hazardous environments
· Majority of the day walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
· Required to carry equipment weighing up to 50lbs for short distances.