Working at Heights Technician
V Telecom Inc. (A Tridon Technologies Company) – Edmonton
V Telecom Offers:
- On the Job Training
- 4 Weeks of Paid Training for New Climbers
- Competitive Wages
- Company Paid Benefits
- Job Stability and Security
- Opportunity to Advance and Grow
The Ideal Candidate for Working at Heights Technician:
- Someone who is mechanically or electronically inclined.
- Experience working with hand and power tools and various electronic test equipment.
- Someone who has experience in a skilled or semi skilled trade.
- Someone who has a proven track record of working safely at heights.
- Someone who has experience working in a highly safety sensitive environment.
- Someone who is physically fit and can lift upwards of 50 pounds on a regular and consists basis.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan on a rotational basis.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License with a clean driving record within the last 5 years
- Ability to pass pre-access drug and alcohol testing on a regular and frequent basis for access to site
- Ability to pass a basic criminal background check
- Valid First Aid Certificate
Nice to Haves:
- Aerial Work Platform (OSSA accredited)
- Tower Climbing and Rescue certificate
- Confined Space Entry Training certificate (OSSA accredited)
- Fall Protection (OSSA accredited)
The Working at Heights Technician must be able to spend the majority of the day walking, standing, and/or climbing. They will be required to carry equipment weighing up to 50lbs while climbing. Employee must also be able to carry himself, harness, tools, and primary rigging/anchor rigging up a telecommunications tower ranging from 100 to 400 Feet.
V Telecom is an Edmonton-based communication tower design and construction company, established in 2010. They provide end-to-end tower solutions, from engineering, design, and fabrication to construction, rigging, and ongoing maintenance. V Telecom is a member of Tridon Technologies group of companies